Friday, March 8, 2013

Spring Pea Soup

I got this recipe from my sister, who got it from.... I'm not sure. Maybe Food For Thought? Who knows. It doesn't matter. I love it and make it all the time, our whole family eats it up. I don't have a picture of the final, pureed product because I ended up rushing it over to a friend in need. But it's still green. GREAT for St. Patrick's Day..


Spring Pea Soup

2 Cans of chicken broth
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 package frozen peas
1 cup spinach leaves (I usually do two handfuls.)
1/2 cup heavy cream
White Pepper
Salt
Curry powder

In a pot, bring onions, broth and peas to a boil. Add spinach and cook till the spinach has wilted. Let cool for a minute then puree in a blender. Return to pot over medium heat and add cream, and seasonings to taste. If you want it thicker, you can add a small combination of water and flour- but it may slightly reduce flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment